Creating Your Self Care Routine
What’s your self-care routine look like? Feel like you need some new ideas to add to your mix. Check out some of Sun Point’s recommended self-care activities - see if there are any that you may want to add to your daily life:
- Candles - Light a candle to signify a change https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MSA3NA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Paddyway Pomegranate Candle)
- Bath Bomb/Salts - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MR2ND9N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Make a Tea Corner with Herbal Teas - set up an instant water boiler https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N28OAQY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and some of your favorite teas
- Give yourself a relaxation spa - Heat some towels or stones and place them on your chest and face: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CAWXOOO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Keep water with a slice of lime/lemon/grapefruit on hand in a s’well water bottle (stays cool all day - for 24 hours) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WH4I9ZU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Make a complaining corner with a timer - limit yourself to 10 minutes a day to vent/complain. https://www.amazon.com/Teacher-Created-Resources-Minute-Timer/dp/B00KQ6IEC4/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1498008695&sr=1-1&keywords=five+minute+sand+timer
- Put your sneakers and a jump rope in a corner of your house - as your work out corner! Aim to get 60 jumps in a minute :) https://www.amazon.com/YOKIRIN-Skipping-Endurance-Training-Burning/dp/B06X92PJ45/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1498008760&sr=1-1&keywords=jump+rope
- Create a gratitude journal: https://www.amazon.com/Studio-Oh-Guided-Journal-Enough/dp/B00TPOTTAY/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1498008867&sr=1-1&keywords=gratitude+journal
- Keep a laminated note card your 3-5 self care activities. They could be as simple as: Eat Breakfast, Go for a Walk, Take a Bath in the Evening, Call a Family Member for Friend, or watch my favorite tv show!
- Grow a Plant - Watch a seedling grow into a vegetable or fruit tree! Have a therapeutic routine where you can water the plant everyday and listen to your favorite song of the week!
Think of other creative ideas that have meaning in your life - and allow you to have a relaxing and centering element to your day.